Author Topic: Venusian Concepts  (Read 354 times)

ulf

Venusian Concepts
« on: March 31, 2010, 10:35:08 PM »
Following a stream of ideas and shapes:

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:44:21 PM by ulf »

ulf

Venusian Concepts
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 10:42:22 PM »
And they continue...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:44:45 PM by ulf »

ulf

Venusian Concepts
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:46:44 PM »
And they continue...

ulf

Venusian Concepts
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:47:29 PM »
Which leads to this:

ulf

Looks Familiar?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 10:50:04 PM »
Now where have I seen that before?

Oh yea, I just designed the f------ Na'vi from Avatar

Rizin

Re: Venusian Concepts
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »
Not all of them look like that!!! Just a....few.  ;)

Lanarel

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 03:52:09 AM »
Just make them green instead of blue :)

Xoel

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 05:03:58 AM »
Just a few humble thoughts.

Perhaps all Venusians should have winglike features, as they would have to inhabit the upper atmosphere as the lower atmosphere is too harsh even for most metals.

Or perhaps there is a dark secret down there, that the acid is just the skin of a massive organism that IS Venus (sorry, random thought).

In that case, the existance of Venusians on the "skin" of the planet as defenders of the "Mother" organism...

It could allow us to play with some awesome concepts.

Human colonies in the upper atmosphere have sparked the war between Venusians and humans, and this could be because the Venusians really are defending a giant living planet. The amount of playing we can do with the literary sense of the situation would be cool.

weltall

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 01:18:06 AM »
i'm for the wing features *books the first venusian :P

Kieve

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 04:11:20 AM »

Found this lying around, thought it might be useful.
Regarding wings, something dragonfly-esque might look good on 'em.

Offline Zweitholou

• Tempest Team Member
  • Tink
  • Steam: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 08:07:10 PM »
I started this concept after reading the description on the site a month ago.

Most of the body features are there and as they are for a reason. The complex ear system dissapates heat and allows for echolocation to navigate the dense atmosphere.  Also, the ears can be raised and lowered to create the appearance of bigger size as a bluff to frighten off predators.  There's a small infrared eye in the center of the forehead which initially developed on a cooler venus to seek prey, but has since evolved to look for cool areas of the planet, a constant necessity in venus' sweltering atmosphere.  The eyes follow the design of cuddlefish eyes, which can sense polarization of light and therefore work better in low light conditions and the nose mimics a mole's, as moles have an excellent sense of smell.  They have two tongues, a speech tongue in the base of the mouth, and a prehensile tongue for grabbing food quickly in the top of the mouth (imagine a chameleon).  The mouth unhinges to get bigger and thusly consume larger amounts of food in less time, a must in the deadly venusian jungles(see snake's jaws).  I'm not sure about the big dots. They're supposed to act like giant eyes to scare off prey, and might could be slightly luminous.  The coloration is based on the color of the atmosphere and the light (reddish-orange).  The "armor" I drew was just an experiment in how clothing would fit on them, which I decided would require piercings in either the skin on the body or in the membrane between arms and legs.  The clothing could then be secured on each side individually.  I thought having some metal on the armor would make sense in terms of strength (venus has greater gravitational force than mars, moons, asteroids, comets etc., as well as a heavy atmosphere. This would make them capable of carrying heavier loads away from venus.)  I think the clothing should be a mix of primitive carryovers and scavenged tech, but I haven't figured out how to draw that yet. The fabrics could be made of coarse fibers from giant venusian plants.  The face has goggles with a metal plate around the infrared eye.  
It has a wide selection of features, so some could be taken out if they're an issue/too much.  Please give criticism. :D

Thank you,
Zweitholou

Offline XilliX

• Administrator
  • Tink
  • Steam: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 02:36:43 PM »
I really like zweitholou's latest concept. What say you ulf?