Author Topic: The Meat Men of the Shelly Corporation  (Read 319 times)

ulf

The Meat Men of the Shelly Corporation
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:06:03 PM »
These actually predate TA.

ulf

The Corpse Corps
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 11:11:29 PM »
Mothers need no longer send their sons to die in battle.

The Immortals, brought to you by the Shelley Corporation.

Xoel

Re: The Meat Men of the Shelly Corporation
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 05:20:42 AM »
Love these concepts Ulf. Perhaps in a few of them (maybe the upper ranking members) could be showing more Frankenstein classic features, stitches, squarehead, etc., mismatched arm/leg sizes...

I imagine these would make great "monsters". You know, in an area where the Shelley Corporation is at a conflict of interest with the empires, or some sort of crypt-ship lost out in the aether that can be raided for good loot, but she's crawling with zombie like fleshdroids who have lost communication with their command and as such attack anything in their way.

Offline Zweitholou

• Tempest Team Member
  • Tink
  • Steam: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 04:50:22 PM »
I really like the feel of these: dark, mysterious, synthetic, fearless.  I see where Xoel is coming from with more visible "frankenstein" features, but couldn't the shelley corp also make the uniforms so concealing to cover the disfigurements, or perhaps to keep knowledge about where their corpses come from a secret?  I also think the uniform dehumanizes the Immortals in such a way that makes their shady origins less of a focus.  If some members display more "frankenstein classic features," I would say it would be the lower ranking soldiers, as more time would be spent by shelley corp on forming the upper ranking members' bodies.

Offline Dracaeon

• Tink
  • Steam: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 04:25:37 AM »
Yes but generally the people who are high up would be created earlier, therefore with less advanced technology then the ones who were created later, making them seem more Frankenstein like.

Offline XilliX

• Administrator
  • Tink
  • Steam: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »
I am quite a fan of these concepts. I agree that the older shelley experiments will be more patchwork and get smoother over time.

The original concept was definitely a meat army to replace the need for citizens to fight except in extreme circumstances. Perhaps there can be a series of story lines about establishing an effort to be seen as having rights beyond the military etc.